Before we start on the tutorial I would like to let Scrapunzel know that the little “button bag” is winging its way to her place. Thank you for your fun comment 😛 Congrats.
Here is my rather lengthy tutorial for such a tiny book –
- Cut 5 pieces of red card 5 x 9 cm ( 2″ x 3 ½”);
- Cut 5 pieces of green card 5 x 8.5 cm (2″ x 3¼”);
- Cut 5 pieces of cream card 5 x 8 cm (2″ x 3″);
- Cut 2 pieces red card 5 x 5 cm (2″ x 2″) – (these will be the covers);
- Cut 2 pieces patterned paper 7 x 7 cm (2¾” x 2¾”);
- Score and fold each piece of card (except cover pieces) exactly in half;
- At this stage add your wording, photos, stamps, embellishments to the cream card (smallest pieces);
- Run strong double-sided tape (or strong tacky glue) along the reverse side of both short ends of all the pieces of card;
- Starting with the cream card attach the outside edges exactly on top of the green card (mid size pieces);
- Next attach the green and cream card to the red card (large pieces of card);
- Attach each set of card pieces together with strong double-sided tape (or strong tacky glue) only at the outside edges leaving 2 pages open for the cover;
- Close the little book and run a strip of ribbon or lace around the centre (my ribbon measured 32 cm (13″) ), attach with strong double-sided tape (or strong tacky glue) but do NOT glue over the spine;
- Take the 2 pieces of red card for the covers and attach double-sided tape to all edges of one side;
- Centring each piece attach the patterned paper;
- Trim all corners of the patterned paper;
- Run double-sided tape around each side of the overlap of the patterned paper;
- Carefully fold the patterned paper over the card;
- Attach the covers with strong double-sided tape (or strong tacky glue);
- Decorate the cover, remembering that if you want the covers to meet when you fold them back you need to have flat embellishments – that’s not necessary but just something to keep in mind.
I hope you will try to make one of these cute little books and if you do I would love to see it. If you find any mistakes in the tutorial please let me know – not sure how exact the length conversions are.
Again for this book I have used sentiments from Verve Stamps and digital vintage images from The Graphics Fairy but of course you can decorate it in any way you like.
Well that is all for today.
Bye for now,