Recently you will have noticed that I’ve been really lax with my card making. To “gee” myself up and try to encourage some enthusiasm I decided to make a new version of an old favourite of mine, a “mini star book”. I love cute little books of all kinds. See HERE and HERE for my posts of my last previous star books.
This is a different version so I hope you enjoy –
Here is a tutorial for you –
1. Cut 2 pieces of card 3 x 3 cm, 2 pieces of gold paper 5 x 5 cm and 2 smaller pieces 3 x 3 cm, 6 pieces of shimmery cream paper 6 x 6 cm.
2. Fold the 6 cream pieces of paper in half vertically and horizontally. Then turn the paper over and fold diagonally from corner to corner.
3. I have punched each cream sheet 4 times with an “incentive stationery” punch. You could just as easily just punch the corners or sides or even stamp.
4. Now fold the 6 cream sheets – they should look similar to the photos below.
5. Cover the card covers with the gold paper. Cut the corners from the gold paper and glue to cover. Then glue the 3 x 3 gold paper over the back of the cover.
6. Glue the 6 folded cream sheets together. Just make sure the folded corners are kept together.
7. Attach the covers.
8. Drill or punch a hole in the corner which is diagonally opposite to the folded corners, and thread a cord through.
9. If you like glitter add some wet glitter to the edges of the pages.
This is how it should turn out.
Hope you enjoy this version. I think it might be a nice addition to a Christmas tree.
I hope you will contact me if you have any questions (or if I have missed any steps in the tutorials :oops:)
Bye for now,