Last weekend we were invited to a Christmas party which was held about 2 hours drive from home and asked to bring a salad and a sweet. Because of the distance I didn’t want to make anything which would melt or tip over so I made these mini plum puddings –
I thought they looked cute and I was told that they were yummy. Perhaps you might like to make some, they are very easy. Here is the recipe –
Mini Chocolate Plum Puddings (my mixture made 20)
- 230 g of Christmas cake (I used part of a “Lions Club” Traditional Christmas Cake)
- 2 tablespoons sherry OR orange juice
- 300 g dark OR milk chocolate, melted over hot water
- 100 g white chocolate, melted over hot water
- Red mini m&m’s
- Green m&m’s
- Crumble the cake into a bowl.
- Add either sherry or orange juice a little at a time mixing until it is a good “rolling” consistency.
- Gently melt 100 g dark or milk chocolate over a saucepan of hot water.
- Add to cake mixture and combine well.
- Take generous teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on a tray which is covered with baking paper and place in the fridge for approx ½ hour.
- Melt the remaining dark OR milk chocolate.
- Place the chilled balls in the melted chocolate and completely cover.
- Remove and place on a tray which is covered with baking paper.
- Put the tray into the fridge until the chocolate sets.
- Melt the white chocolate and pour it over the balls (this is supposed to represent custard).
- Add the m&m’s to represent holy.
- Chill again and then store in an airtight container.
For the salad I made an avocado and mango combination. I’m sorry I didn’t take a photo but it was delish.
Here is another photo of my dear old mum with other grandchildren and of course I had to be there to keep one littlie still for a moment for the photo.
Hopefully I’ll be back to show you one more container I’ve made before I have a break over Christmas.
Bye for now,