The little note books I made on Tuesday were made in minutes. The longest part of the project was selecting some magazine pages.
Most people have old magazines lying around so this is a good way of recycling at least a little part of them. For me the best size to make the little notebooks is 5 cm x 10 cm. That size was perfect to staple. I tried other sizes as well.
I’m going to put a couple in the car, 1 in my purse, one near the telephone, etc. They will be handy to jot down numbers, notes, shopping … and on and on.
I used some Washi tape on the spine of a couple just to add effect.
All you have to do to make these is
- Tear out pretty pages from magazines
- Cut them into 10 x 10 cm squares (4″ x 4″ approx) to be used as the covers
- Score and crease down the centre
- Collect together some old half used exercise books or pads
- Cut 9.75 x 9.75 cm pads of paper – just slightly smaller than the cover (you can use as many pages as you like)
- Staple the pads to the inside of the cover
- Fold in half and crease firmly (I put mine under a heavy weight for a few hours)
Next I found a few old birthday cards to recycle.
These were even easier because they already have the centre fold. Took even less time. I’ll put these in dh’s car.
Of course is you want to make bigger books and you don’t have a stapler with a long enough arm you can always sew the books, either by hand or machine (this might even make it easier to tear out a page). Mine aren’t very imaginative but they will be very handy. If you make some I’d love to see them – see what you can come up with.
Bye for now,