Well I have just wasted hours making a little video for you to now find out that I can’t download it to my blog without BUYING a video program from WordPress. I used to be able to download videos when I first joined but not now. Grrrrrrrr. Is it the same on other free blog host sites?
Here are some photos but not as fun as a video.
I made some lollipop holder/covers with cute little punched out characters on the front. I will give some instructions at the end of the post. The characters “wobble” when you give them a gentle tap. (looked good on the short video I made – even had music with it :()
Here are the lollipops I bought “Allen’s” brand – (bad photos I’m afraid because of the glare from the plastic wrapping) –
They are flat not the ball type.
If you would like the very easy instructions read on –
- Cut a piece of card 6 x 14 cm
- Score in the centre (7 cm) and fold in half;
- Stamp or add sentiment on the front;
- Hold the open ends together and punch 2 holes either side of the centre;
- Put the lollipop in the holder, thread ribbon through the holes and tie securely;
Ladybird – (other characters are made similarly with punches and die cuts)
- Die cut or punch from black card an oval just big enough to fit on the front of the holder (mine is approx 4.5 cm);
- Die cut or punch from red card 2 x circles of a similar size to the oval;
- Cut away part of each circle to form the wings and attach to the body ;
- punch some black card with a hole punch to make dots to attach to the wings (or you could use rhinestone or half pearls);
- add 2 tiny black half pearls for eyes.
Spring – (you can buy commercial “wobblers” but this is a much cheaper alternative)
- Use some pliable jewellery wire to make the spring;
- Wind the wire around a pencil (approx 6 times);
- snip off;
- attach to the back of the ladybird with strong ds tape;
- attach to the front of the holder with strong ds tape.
Here is a photo of the spring –
Have fun making these. They were quite popular with 2 littlies I tested them on. 🙂 Would love to get your feedback.
Bye for now,