Welcome back. I have made some time to quickly let you know about a meal I cooked yesterday. We loved it. I saw it on TV on the “Everyday Gourmet” with Justine Schofield. She had a quest on from Weight Watchers and this was her recipe.
Creamy chicken and pumpkin pasta
- 300 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 160 g pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250 g lean chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced
- 1 medium red onion (I just used a brown onion)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 375 ml evaporated skim milk
- 6 green olives, drained, pitted, sliced (I didn’t have these)
- 1/4 cup granted parmesan cheese
- 1 x 3 second spray oil spray.
- Preheat over to 220° C or 200° C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 mins. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 mins. or until pumpkin is lightly browned and tomatoes soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instruction or until just tender. Drain
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. or until softened. Return chicken to pan.
- Blend cornflour and a little evaporated milk in a jug. Stir in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins. or until sauce thickens slightly (I stirred it for about 5 mins.)
- Add the pasta, olives and roasted pumpkin and tomatoes to the sauce. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
It should serve 4.
It was delicious but the best bit was that it used up some of our pumpkins. We almost have pumpkins coming out of our ears 😯 – that sounds painful doesn’t it 😆
Why not try it ‘cos it is quick and easy and you’ll love it.
Bye for now,