Welcome back. Here is another style of Gift Card Holder. I have made a pretty wallet for a female but you will just have to imagine it in black or brown tones and embossed for a man. This time I slipped a $50 note in but a gift card fits in perfectly.
Here are the measurements if you would like to try to make one –
- 1 piece of card or thick dp cut to 10.5 x 30.5 cm. (I used My Mind’s Eye “Bloom & Grow” which is lovely thick paper and is double-sided).
- Score this piece at 7.5, 13.5, 19.5 and 28 cm.
- Fold the 13.5 cm score line into a mountain fold, the rest will fall into place for you then.
- Stick the bottom edge of the inside of the mountain fold together. (Have a look at the 2nd photo above to give you some help with how this should look).
- Now using a craft knife and steel ruler, carefully cut a notch out of the top of the mountain fold. Leave 1 cm at each end and cut down 1 cm.
- Make a tab (look at the 3rd photo) and attach to top flap (I covered mine with a flower)
- Make a slit in the front at the appropriate level for the tab to slide into. This holds it closed. You could use magnets or valcro if you prefer.
- Decorate to your hearts desire.
If you do make a wallet I would love to see it.
Have fun and bye for now,